CSP Providers & Teachers Forum
SIGCSE 2019 — Minneappolis, Minnesota
The 2019 CS Principles Providers and Teachers Forum is the second gathering of CS Principles educators, providers and teachers in a structured session at SIGCSE. This forum was created to fill the need for a community for CS Principles providers and teachers to discuss best practices, feedback, or share teaching experiences.
The CS Principles Providers and Teachers Forum aims to increase collaboration and discussion among College Board endorsed providers and teachers by offering a diverse agenda. Topics that may be discussed this year include but are not limited to:
- Successes and failures of CSP professional development
- Common teaching issues providers and teachers encounter
- Teacher recruitment strategies and keeping in touch with teachers
- Student recruitment strategies
- Preparing for the AP CSP exam
- How to read the results of the AP CSP exam
The Forum is a half-day afternoon session, on .
Location: Hyatt: Greenway G (2nd floor)
Link in Whova: https://whova.com/embedded/session/sigcs_201902/497248/
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Sign Up To Attend
Please go to https://bjc.berkeley.edu/sigcse-csp-forum/register to sign up to attend the CSP Forum. The CSP forum is primarily intended for CSP curriculum providers, teachers, and others who are working on various parts of CSP.
Signups will close on Friday, February 8, 2019 at 11:59PM PST.
We are looking for topics that would be of broad interest to the CSP Community. We’re hoping to keep presentations to a 10-15 minute limit to ensure there is time for discussion and questions. However, please do not feel limited by the presentation format! We’re open to ideas and suggestions.
Please submit your topics here: https://bjc.berkeley.edu/sigcse-csp-forum/submit
Topic submissions will close on Friday, February 1, 2019 at 11:59PM PST.
The day will be organized as a series of short presentations, with ample time for discussion.
We will update this section after topic submissions close.
- Lauren Mock, The Beauty and Joy of Computing, UC Berkeley
- Michael Ball, The Beauty and Joy of Computing, UC Berkeley
- Dan Garcia, The Beauty and Joy of Computing, UC Berkeley
- Tiffany Barnes, The Beauty and Joy of Computing, North Carolina State University
We look forward to seeing you at the CS Principles Providers and Teachers Forum!